Hailing from New Zealand and based in Hong Kong, Daniel Kamp is a designer and artist with a practice spanning furniture, objects and interiors.
Kamp’s diverse projects are anchored by a consistent sculptural simplicity, characterised by minimal forms and raw materials. The designer is driven by a fascination with intersections - between art and design, object and space, nature and culture.
At just 28 years of age, Kamp’s work has received awards and featured in important cultural publications all around the world, including Habitus, Elle and Design Boom. He has created and exhibited works throughout the Asia Pacific for gallery shows, commercial projects, and individual commissions. In addition to objects and spaces created in response to a specific brief, many of Kamp’s pieces are made simply for in attempt to satisfy an insatiable curiosity.
In 2015 Daniel Kamp was awarded ‘Emerging Designer’ from the Designer’s Institute of New Zealand. The following year his project ‘Hideaway Chair’ won Platinum at the prestigious International A’Design Awards in Italy. In 2017 American Express named him one of 10 young designers to watch from around the world.
One of a kind furniture, Interior architecture/design.
Collectors, Individual home and business owners, Microsoft, BoConcept, Pata Negra House, Air New Zealand, The University of Auckland and more.
Habitus, Design Boom, Elle, Ignant, Gessato, Airows, Contemporist, The Design Chaser and more.
- International A'Design Award and Competition: Platinum - Furniture Category. 2016
- Best Awards, Designers Institute of New Zealand: Silver - Spatial Design. 2016
- Best Awards, Designers Institute of New Zealand: Silver - Emerging Designer. 2015
- Best Awards, Designers Institute of New Zealand: Silver - Spatial Design. 2015
- Best Awards, Designers Institute of New Zealand: Bronze - Spatial Design. 2015
- Innovation and Excellence in Design - Victoria university 2012
- Hong Kong: Hart Haus, residency and multiple exhibitions. Ongoing
- Hong Kong: Asia Archive Society, ‘Designing the Archives in the 21st Century’, Hart Hall. 2019
- Hong Kong: Design Pier, ‘The Chair’. Hong Kong Art Week, Lanson Place Hotel. Group Show, 2019
- Hong Kong: First Initiative Foundation, ‘The Art of Music’. Tai Kwun. Group Show, 2018
- Hong Kong: Asia Contemporary Art Fair, curated by Nido Asia, Group Show. 2018.
- Columbia: Metropolitan Institute of Technology Medellin, ‘Abira’. Key Note Talk, 2017
- Japan: Seed Bed Gallery, curated by An Astute Assembly. Group Show, 2016
- Singapore: Maison Objet Singapore, curated by Seventhirtyam. Group Show, 2015
- New Zealand: Massey University of Wellington, ‘Design Symposium’. Key Note Talk, 2015
- New Zealand: Whakatane Museum and Research Center. Group Show. 2014
- New Zealand: The Dowse Art Museum. Group Show. 2014